Hexagon recognised in 13 Gartner Hype Cycle report in 2022, where emerging technologies for the future were analysed.
In 2022, 13 of the Gartner Hype Cycle reports placed Hexagon as a Sample Vendor in respective technologies.
The Gartner Hype Cycle reports provide a graphic representation of the maturity and adoption of technologies and applications and how they are potentially relevant to solving real business problems and exploiting new opportunities. Gartner Hype Cycle methodology gives you a view of how a technology or application will evolve over time, providing a sound source of insight to manage its deployment within the context of your specific business goals.
“We are honoured to have Hexagon mentioned as a Sample Vendor in several Gartner Hype Cycle reports,” said Hexagon Chief Technology Officer Burkhard Boeckem. “From the factory floor to a city’s emergency services, from mega construction projects to safely landing an aircraft, Hexagon’s technology innovations empower an autonomous, sustainable future.”
The innovation of Hexagon’s sensor, software and autonomous technologies enable customers to create a Smart Digital Reality™ – a real-time, 3D digital world is data-rich and autonomously intelligent. The result is the ability for businesses to utilise data to improve efficiency, productivity, quality and safety.
Here are some key insights from select 2022 Gartner Hype Cycle reports in which Hexagon was placed.
- The Hype Cycle states, “In addition to a larger number of vendors entering the market for digital twins of the built world, many providers are expanding their capabilities. These vendors frequently include low-code integration to Internet of Things IoT datasets; integration with indoor GIS, building information modeling (BIM) and computer-aided design (CAD) solutions; and inclusion of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities. These solutions are contributing to cost savings related to preventative maintenance, improved operations through better uptime and real-time decision-making support.”
- Gartner notes, “A smart city transportation strategy guarantees greater success in tackling challenges in the transportation ecosystem by enabling an investment plan that helps local governments to adequately deliver on future transportation needs. The business impact can be major and impact several areas of transportation depending on what the local government considers as main challenges to tackle. This can be, for instance, transitioning to zero emissions or autonomous driving.”
For government agencies strategising new ways to improve safety, infrastructure and services for their cities and nations, digital reality solutions solve complex challenges to deliver greater collaboration within and across city organisations, operational efficiency and service reliability, safety and sustainability. Hexagon’s unique mix of sensors, geospatial data, location intelligence and solution-specific software modernises the systems and processes required for the future of our cities and nations.
- Gartner reports “Environmental sustainability is one of the most challenging issues facing society, economies and enterprises. Improving sustainability requires a rich and diverse set of technologies across different domains. Enterprises with the best capabilities in exploiting these technologies will create substantial value for their stakeholders and society.”
- The Hype cycle states, “Executive leaders and CIOs that can best integrate and exploit the rich and diverse sustainable technology options into their transformation strategy will be more successful in achieving their goals and remaining competitive.”
Executive leaders are challenged to operate in a manner that’s both profitable and sustainable. Hexagon’s wide-ranging sensor, software and autonomous solutions deliver scalable sustainability for many industries, such as manufacturing, construction, agriculture, public safety and power and energy. From optimising raw materials and components, to improving energy efficiency and productivity, technology innovation enables sustainable development.
- This report notes, “To respond to disruption and to achieve necessary cost optimization and sustainability targets, manufacturers seek ways to modernize and optimize existing IT environments and solutions.”
- This Hype Cycle identifies “innovations for CIOs that will be instrumental in achieving these objectives.”
Putting data to work means maximising raw data to inform sustainable solutions. Manufacturers can make their processes more efficient when they use data from every stage of the product lifecycle to inform decision-making both upstream and downstream to work more intelligently. Hexagon’s manufacturing technology creates more sustainable outcomes by increasing productivity, ensuring quality and minimising waste.
- Gartner notes, “CIOs and technology executives can use this Hype Cycle to identify opportunities for organizational advantages through leading-edge technology adoption, significant changes to business processes, changes to IT infrastructure and changes in decision-making processes.”
- “This Hype Cycle includes innovations that boost creativity and business impact from product design through product service life. The value goes beyond the physical product and physical assets of the business.”
Manufacturers need to implement digital transformation to connect systems and enable autonomous solutions that expand the intelligence of enterprise and empower people with data. Nexus is Hexagon’s new Digital Reality Platform for manufacturers that connects people, technologies and data to accelerate innovation and bring ideas to life faster than ever before.
- The report states, “Utility organizations need transformational capabilities to support energy decarbonization, accelerate buildup of renewables and mitigate climate change impacts while optimising existing business processes. This Hype Cycle provides utility CIOs with insights to better manage technology investments.”
- In this Hype Cycle, Gartner recommends, “Utility CIOs must provide technology expertise and align investments with strategic business goals. Utility organisations face an overwhelming array of promising technologies and must make strategic trade-offs across investment choices.”
Utility and communications companies looking to achieve greater service reliability, increase operational efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction need digital solutions for network planning, design, maintenance and real-time operations. Whether ensuring network capacity and service reliability or leveraging accurate network models, data integration solutions support multi-utility and communications networks.
For more information on Garter Hype Cycle, please visit https://www.gartner.com/en
Here are the links to each of the Gartner Hype Cycle reports that list Hexagon as a Sample Vendor:
- Hype Cycle for Oil and Gas, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Utility Industry IT, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Smart City Technologies and Solutions, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Consumer Goods, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Transportation and Smart Mobility, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Public Safety and Law Enforcement, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Life Science Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Smart City and Sustainability in China, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Manufacturing Operations Strategy, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Manufacturing Digital Transformation and Innovation, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Manufacturing Digital Optimization and Modernization, 2022
- Hype Cycle for Sustainability, 2022
* Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designations. Gartner’s research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, concerning this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and HYPE CYCLE is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.