In a few days, the Hexagon Mining team will be at MINExpo, the Olympics of mining tradeshows. The three-day event (Sept. 26-28), held every four years in Las Vegas, is a unique opportunity to reach a global industry under one roof. Twelve exhibit halls and 74,000 square meters of technology and innovation make for a fiercely competitive environment. Not surprisingly, the clamor to create a lasting, positive impression on attendees is intense.
A memorable message supported by solid solutions is essential for success at these “games.” For Hexagon Mining, that means articulating the meaning and the vision of smart change. Smart change means no longer having to buy one product for mine planning, another product for fleet management and another for safety. It means buying one, integrated solution from one technology company committed to connecting all parts of a mine with products that make sense of data in real time.
Every mine wants to be safer and more productive. Smart change helps mines achieve that goal through the integration of data and processes so people are informed and empowered to make intelligent decisions, no matter their location. We call this the digital mine.
So what are the solutions supporting smart change and the digital mine? Well, if you’re attending MINExpo, I personally invite you to join us at Booth 4133 to find out. In the meantime, here’s a preview of what’s in store:
- We’ll give you a first look at our Vehicle Intervention System, which takes control of a machine in certain situations if the operator does not react appropriately to a collision avoidance warning.
- There’s a new look for mine traffic control within Jigsaw’s Jmineops solution, including an integrated GIS mine map.
- Our flagship high-precision drill solution, J2Drill, will demonstrate new hardness profiling capabilities for rotary and hammer drills.
- Demos will be available for GeoLogic, a new product that leverages the power of MineSight Implicit Modeler by sequencing surfaces and solids to create an air-tight geological model.
- We’ll showcase the IBIS-FB, an IDS GeoRadar product that heralds a new era in remote blast vibration monitoring.
- The latest advances in monitoring solutions, including Leica MultiStations, will be featured.
- We’ll display a full suite of monitoring solutions that keep underground and surface mines continuously safe and operational – from GPS, Total Station Prism Systems (TPS) and HDS to Georadar and UAS.
The adage “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” does not apply here! By treating MINExpo as our Olympics, Hexagon Mining aims to leave a lasting impression that resonates far beyond the Nevada desert.
Helping create digital mines that are safer and more productive – now that’s shaping smart change.
President of Hexagon Mining
Hélio Samora is integral to Hexagon Mining’s vision of smart change. Born and raised in Brazil and fluent in English and Spanish, Hélio earned degrees in mechanical engineering and industrial marketing before travelling the Americas, where he has worked for 25 years, helping to start businesses and managing all aspects of global operations. Hélio spent 18 years at PTC (formerly Parametric Technology Corporation) – one of the world’s top 15 independent software companies. He built successful teams, negotiated global deals and managed multi-million-dollar sales channels.