A little over a month ago, along with more than 3 500 other professionals, I was making my way to Las Vegas for HxGN LIVE. The theme for the 2013 conference was ”Great Stories Start Here,” and that got me thinking about the stories our users have to tell to each other.
As Global Business Development Manager for portable measuring arms at Hexagon Metrology, I am lucky enough to be able to travel to the four corners of the earth, meeting colleagues and customers with various measurement challenges. I often find, regardless of where I am in the world, that many users’ metrology problems are very similar, and that connecting those customers has huge benefits. Having been a part of previous Hexagon conferences, I know bringing Metrology customers together at this unique event fosters new relationships between our customers.
The energy and enthusiasm at HxGN LIVE was unbounded as users across Hexagon’s network attended keynotes, informative sessions, The Zone (a full size technology exhibition) and numerous evening networking events.
Why should you attend HxGN LIVE in 2014?
Having attended what I consider to be our best conference yet, my thoughts have already turned towards our 2014 event. If someone asks me why they should attend HxGN LIVE next year, I usually say things like:
- This is a great platform to experience the Hexagon world and see what Hexagon offers.
- Understand Hexagon’s Vision and Mission and get up close and personal with the management team.
- Increase your product knowledge.
- Get up-to-date and in-depth information and training about the latest technology trends.
- Network with people from all over the world and extend your business and personal network.
- Talk to the experts and get tips and tricks to help you in your daily work.
- See how Hexagon is merging different technologies and makes a difference.
There are many more things I could list that make it worth attending HxGN LIVE next year, but the most important thing is having FUN:
- Start the day with a great breakfast.
- Attend sessions and presentations from different tracks – think outside the box.
- Meet and connect with people with the same interests and work in similar markets.
- Relax and play with new technologies in The Zone.
- End each day with social events and network with people from around the world.
- Spend an additional day to explore the great location and do some sightseeing, visit engineering marvels such as the Hoover Dam and enjoy the dazzling spectacle of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Take home all the experience and motivation and apply it to your daily work. Let Hexagon assist you in shaping change in your business.
I am proud of what we achieved at HxGN LIVE, bringing together a multitude of Metrology users who now have new stories to tell and new contacts to keep sharing them with. I look forward to meeting even more users with new stories to share next year. See you in Las Vegas 2-5 June 2014.
Connecting metrology users worldwide to make a difference – that’s shaping change