Hexagon has always put a large focus on the accessibility, global expansion and international presence of our brands. Furthermore, India’s modernising economy and developing infrastructure creates a vital need for geospatial solutions. Hexagon is making a dynamic impact as a geospatial stakeholder and subject expert in this industrialising country.
Intergraph® Security, Government & Infrastructure (SG&I) and Leica Geosystems joined forces at India Geospatial Forum (IGF) 2013, 22-24 January, to present Hexagon’s cutting-edge technologies, and host symposiums and sessions that delve into Hexagon’s geospatial solutions. Our brands came together to explain how Hexagon is truly shaping change in India through mapping and GIS solutions.
- Throughout the event, Hexagon presented case studies and demonstrations that showcased unified and integrated solutions. From data infrastructure to exploration and mining, Hexagon’s global brand network explained how we are impacting some of the world’s most important challenges through collaborative technologies.
- I had the pleasure of joining several Hexagon executives and geospatial experts in keynote delivery, panel discussions and seminars that took place during IGF 2013. The wealth of information and conversation delivered helped position Hexagon brands and solutions at the forefront of geospatial technology.
- Hexagon India demonstrated advanced geospatial innovation through the use of Hexagon technologies, used by the Indian government. Such technologies that provide accurate and real-time positioning data for users in aviation, land surveying, engineering and farming, to name a few.
- Hexagon showed its mine site automation solutions for machine control, enabling mine efficiency. This drew a lot of interest from a number of prospects in the mining industry who are seeking to maintain their competitive edge in the global market.
Hexagon’s presence at IGF 2013 reflects not only the progression of our geospatial technologies, but also the global reach our technologies have in emerging economies. IGF 2013 attendees were eager to attend the Intergraph SG&I User Conference that was held during the events. The magnitude of this particular event emphasised the growing geospatial needs within India:
- With more than 500 attendees, the event was an enormous success and hosted some of geospatial’s most renowned experts as plenary speakers.
- The Intergraph Geospatial 2013 release was the highlight of the event, offering live demonstrations of this one-of-a-kind, fully integrated geospatial solution for entire geospatial workflows.
- With collaboration amongst top integrators, resellers and partners such as IBM, TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Infotech Enterprises, Rolta and Avineon, Intergraph showcased its platform for building geospatial applications.
Dr. P.V. Rajasekhar, Director, Survey of India, unveiled plans to implement GeoMedia® Smart Client for geospatially-enabled governance applications that survey India’s large-scale mapping databases. In conclusion, after the immense success of IGF 2013 and the Intergraph SG&I User Conference, it is clear Hexagon’s growing geospatial footprint is expanding into a country that is quickly becoming a worldwide epicenter for technology. Hexagon’s presence has already begun to generate greater resources and visibility of our design, measurement and visualisation technologies.
Aligning ground-breaking geospatial solutions with India’s expanding technological enterprise – that’s shaping change.